Head over to Amazon to snag The Man Cave Hot Dog Cookbook – 25 Awesome Hot Dog Recipes For The Man Cave (Hot Dog Series)
This week is Reading is Fun week! In celebration, I'll be posting about reading each day this week. From child to adult, not only is reading fun, but it's fundamental. Perhaps, you've heard of the Reading is Fundamental Organization. RIF is a 501c3 not-for-profit organization that promotes and supports child literacy.
Head over to RIF to download monthly reading activity calendars. The calendars offer various reading and writing activity suggestions. Of course, you can always modify the ideas to suit your family's needs.
The calendars are broken down into two different age groups; birth-5 and ages 6-15. They are available in English and Spanish.
The page is also host to various other activities ranging from alphabet learning to travel adventures to science and even ideas for every season! You'll also find book lists, articles for teachers and parents, brochures and more.
Did you know….
Less than 50% of families read to their kindergarten-age kids each day.
Head over to Amazon to snag Tomato Container Gardening: 7 Easy Steps To Healthy Harvests from Small Spaces for the Kindle for FREE.
Introducing Shieka aka Shy of the 'Doctor's Notes' blog. Shy is a mother to 3 children and an avid reader. She's loved reading since she was a small child. 'Doctor's Notes' was created to share the books she loves with her readers. With a heavy emphasis on YA (Young Adult) reading, Shy tends to review and read a little bit of everything!
Shy looks forward to what her readers like and loves to read comments on her posts. New readers are always welcome. She hopes you might find a new book to read you might not otherwise pick up!
Be sure to visit 'Doctor's Notes' at http://doctorsnotes-shy.blogspot.com/. Be sure to follow via GFC (Google Friend Connect).
You can also find her on Facebook.
When Shy says avid, she means avid. She has a goal to read 75 books in 2012 at Goodreads and has already burnt the pages of 43 of those books.
With that, it's time for a little Q&A. Do you have any questions for Shy of 'Doctor's Notes'? Please comment below OR visit her site.
- Tackling The Email Abyss May 19, 2013
- I’m Renaming My Son “HUNGRY” May 21, 2013
- What Would You DO With $500 Extra Cash? May 21, 2013
- A Waterpark In Your Own Backyard May 10, 2013
- Why Is There A Warning Label On My Toothpaste? May 16, 2013
- 24 Hours of Printables: Save Money! May 23, 2013
- Ain’t Nobody Got Time For That May 22, 2013
- Happy Birthday Geminis! May 22, 2013
- 24 Hours of Printables: Save Money! May 22, 2013
- 24 Hours of Printables: Save Money! May 21, 2013
- melissasaywhat: Thanks for stopping by, hun! You would LOVE this. ...
- Sharon Fitzgerald: Wow Melissa! This is cool! This might make it ea...
- melissasaywhat: Good luck, Veronica!! I could use both!...
- melissasaywhat: Savannah - You will be pleased! Thanks for stoppin...
- Savannah miller: I have never heard of this company before today! I...